Solved: Outlook Express 6 & Office 2007 Home & Student

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lightingman2003

Hi.

I have just purchased and upgraded my Office suite to Office 2007 from Office 2000.

In Office 2000, Outlook Express was working fine. I have since removed Office 2000 to upgrade to Office 2007, and Outlook Express was working fine. When i installed Office 2007 Home & Student Edition, i installed the Service Pack for it, it is now Office 2007 SP1.

I have just tried to load Outlook Express to check ma emails and it crashes on startup and it will not load. I rebooted my machine after the various installs, but it is still not working.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Thanks

Have you since unistalled and reinstalled Office 07 or heck even repairing the download? That could fix your problem.

Lightingman2003

hmm. The SP1 add on was downloaded from Microsoft Updates. It said it was sucessful. After looking in Word i can see that it is being recorded as SP1.

I will try to repair, how do you repair. This is the first time ive installed and used Office 2007.

Is it a known problem?

I meant repairing the Install, not the download sorry. Yeah, your SP1 should be fine. What I am talking about doing is taking your Office disc and running that again. it should ask you if you want to Repair it. If not I would say just uninstall and reinstall. I honestly have never used Office 07, I use Office 03. I don't think they are to much different. But that is what I would say to do. This website might help a little bit.

http://www.insideoe.com/problems/errors.htm

Hope that helps.

Lightingman2003

I am running the repair function on the Office Setup now as we speak.

I will re-boot once Office is finsihed repairing and i will check and post back.

Lightingman2003

No luck with the Office 2007 repair.

I will try the suggestions on the website you posted. Again, i will post back once tried.

Thanks for your quick replies so far.

Lightingman2003

Have tried all possible solutions on this website and still, no luck.

I will now try to re-install Outlook Express & IE6.

This is driving me up the wall!

I think anyone with a computer gets driven up a wall at one point in their life because of their computer. I am a lucky one and have been driven up the wall multiple times.

Lightingman2003

Have tried all possible solutons. Still no resolution.

Luckily, i can access this email account via Webmail in the mean time.

Has anybody else got any ideas?

If im unable to sort, Office 2007 will be removed and i will go back to Office 2000.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Outlook Express is not part of Microsoft Office. Are you using Outlook Express, or are you using Outlook which is a part of Microsoft Office? They're two different applications.

Outlook Express has NOTHING to do with Office! Outlook is PART of Office. Do not confuse two different programs. Whatever your problem might be, it can't be caused by Office 2007 or 2000 or 2003 or any other version. You might try contacting your ISP to see if they have a solution for your e-mail problem. I worked with Comcast when my e-mail was blocked from downloading, and we fixed the problem.

Lightingman2003

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have been barking up the wrong tree all this time!

Last night i decided to send the error Report to Microsoft and they said that it was Norton Antispam that was causing it to crash! I have removed Norton Antispam and, low and behold, normal service resumed!

It appears that something in Norton Antispam 2007 is conflicting with Office, and not allowing Antispam to be running when Office is installed. I have sent a email to Norton's Tech support guys and am awaiting a email back. Otherwise i shall be upgrading to Norton 2008 which seems to have Antispam back inside it again!!

Thanks for all your help guys. I will now mark this as solved!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online