1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Outlook Express 6 - Problem Reading Attachments

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Katt, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katt

Katt Thread Starter

I'm sorry if this problem has been addressed already, I got to page three and saw nothing like it so I gave up.

I have no problems receiving e-mails ( I generally have to check as I have had problems receiving data in the past ), other than being generally slow to come through.

I spent a couple of days updating Win2k from SP1 to SP4 and all the other goodies that come along with it, Outlook Express included.

Since then, all e-mail with attachments that I have received have not allowed me to open the attachments as a single file - away from the e-mail itself.

Let me explain: These files appear to be coming through - images that are to open in the email itself as a general graphic appear...you can see them there. However once you click on the paper clip, and the drop down list appears all the attachments in the e-mail are dulled out or "false" ... they cannot be opened. It is the same with all files...

Also, above the sender details highlighted in yellow the text "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: (attachment names) ".

I do not recall ever telling Outlook Express to do this, I didn't even realise Outlook could do that!

I really hope that made sense :( .

If anyone has any idea why this is occuring I would be so grateful for your help.

2. RSM123

RSM123

3. Katt

Katt Thread Starter

Problem Solved. Thank you very much!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163969

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice