Solved: Outlook Express and Gmail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lschul

I am using gmail and I just got my wife all set up. I am working on her outlook express to get it set up. It is checking email but when I try to send it says The message could not be sent. You do not have any accounts configured for sending email. please verify your account configuration. Far as I know I have it set up right, I even used their tool to set it up. HELP!!!:confused:

bearone2

Banned
you have to setup the pop3 and smtp server addresses as part of the account to send/recieve email.

i wasn't aware gmail could be accessed thru oe but then there's new stuff happening every day.

lschul

Got it fixed,I had to select that as the default client and it worked.

lschul

Yep, I did all that, its working. You can access it with OE too, its pretty easy, except for the default thing is not spelled out in the instructions. Got it though.

can't get outlook express to retain port 110, on pop3 advanced tab , whenever i go offline or shut down my pc on restart it comes up in 200 port, . i can get e-mail on 110 only.

lschul

iNCOMING IS 995 OUTGOING IS 465. Gmail has an isntaller that will do it for you, try that/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online