1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook Express and Gmail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by lschul, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I am using gmail and I just got my wife all set up. I am working on her outlook express to get it set up. It is checking email but when I try to send it says The message could not be sent. You do not have any accounts configured for sending email. please verify your account configuration. Far as I know I have it set up right, I even used their tool to set it up. HELP!!!:confused:

2. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

you have to setup the pop3 and smtp server addresses as part of the account to send/recieve email.

i wasn't aware gmail could be accessed thru oe but then there's new stuff happening every day.

3. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

Got it fixed,I had to select that as the default client and it worked.

4. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

Yep, I did all that, its working. You can access it with OE too, its pretty easy, except for the default thing is not spelled out in the instructions. Got it though.

5. Mick Clover

Mick Clover

can't get outlook express to retain port 110, on pop3 advanced tab , whenever i go offline or shut down my pc on restart it comes up in 200 port, . i can get e-mail on 110 only.

6. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

iNCOMING IS 995 OUTGOING IS 465. Gmail has an isntaller that will do it for you, try that/

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541313

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice