1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: outlook express attaches entire folder

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by JustJudy, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustJudy

JustJudy Thread Starter

First Name:
    Judy
    I can't figure this one out....Whenever I try to attach a document from a shortcut folder on my desktop, when I try to open the folder to look for the document I want to attach, it attaches the entire folder instead (the folder doesn't open!). I already tried following the exact filepath (rather than the shortcut path...desktop) to open the folder to get the correct document, but the folder doesn't ever open, it just attaches to the email. I can attach items from other folders (that are not shortcuts) and when not using Outlook Express I can open the shortcut folder on the desktop without any problem. I am baffled. Any ideas? My OS is XP sp2 with all the Windows updates.
    Thank you in advance!!
    Judy

2. sekirt

sekirt

You cannot attach a folder to OE.

When you click on a shortcut, that is a file - therefore that file attaches (it may appear that is a folder to you but it isn't).

If you have extensions showing you would see that is a .LNK file.

sekirt

3. JustJudy

JustJudy Thread Starter

First Name:
    Judy
    Thanks for your response. You are right, it is .lnk Bye, bye shortcuts :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486203

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice