Solved: Outlook Express- Connecting to my wireless link

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jack78

Just got a new laptop, was using our old dialup connection but upgraded to wireless ASDL.

Outlook doesn't seem to connect to my account, i dont think its even connecting to the internet. It is looking for a connection thru LAN (on the processing box while it connects) rather than wireless network.

This may be a network question but any help would be great.

BTW i think i have a similar problem with Media Player as it won't connect to any streaming, i have to download then play. is this connected?

Running Win XP, HP laptop (brand new, decent spec....not sure what!)

Thanks

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi jack78

Windows XP Service Pack 2?

Is your firewall allowing Internet access to Outlook Express?
What Firewall and anti-virus programs are you using?

jack78

Yeah, SP2, Norton anti virus, firewall (new laptop so just on the trial period) all fully updated.

Outlook was working at first when I used dial up for a week.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Check each account in Outlook Express:
Tools > Accounts > (account name) > Properties > Connection tab,
If there, remove the check mark for: Always connect to this account using:
Apply, OK to save and close.
Outlook Express should then use whatever connection is available.

Let us know if that makes a difference.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Glad to hear it. :)

I'll mark this Solved for you, in the future that option is also available to you using the Thread Tools drop down menu at the top of the thread.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online