Solved: Outlook Express data files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ecpcpw

Is there a way to have Outlook Express store its data files on a network drive. I want to store them in the user directory on the server that is maped to the Z drive.

I have a program I want to install on some of our computers(deep Freeze) that restores the computer back to the state it was in when it the program was installed when the computer is rebooted. Also this will allow my to backup the email data as I done backup the workstations.

Thanks

Charles Wallace

To change the store folder, go to Tools, Options, maintenence, store folder, change.

That will change where OE keeps e-mails.

I dont know how you can do the same for account info

ecpcpw

I have tried this. When I select the Z: drive or a folder inside the Z drive teh OK button on the screen to change the folder becomes unavaible.

Try going to this registry key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{idnum}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express

And changing the value of the store root

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online