1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook express - emails in inbox disappreaed....dbx file is 209,720,970!!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Daniellek21084, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Daniellek21084

Daniellek21084 Thread Starter

Three days ago I had an email received with an attachment that was relativily large. The person sending it to me had issues with their email as well, becuase it was received over 60 times. I already had about 90 emails already in the inbox. Typically once the emails are read and dealt with, the get filed into sub folders.

How do i recover the emails from this file!!

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

What file are you referring to? A dbx file? What happened to the emails? Didn't you say that you had read them and dealt with them? I'm a bit confused. :)

3. Daniellek21084

Sorry, I have been trying to do this myself for the last 5 hours.

I had about 100 emails in my Inbox. I will "read" them, but I wont file them into their sub folders until the issue is resolved. Then a couple nights ago, my boss sent me an email with an attachment. That attachment was a PDF catalog. So im sure it was pretty large. She had been having problems with her own personal email, she told me that emails were getting stuck and whoever she was sending emails too, would get them at least 20x. So now her email that she sent with the PDF attachment came in to my email address over 60 times. I saw them all, and it seems like after each one that was recieved, I was getting an email from the provider (she uses RR... example: [email protected]) stating that my inbox was getting full...I think the email was stating it was 70% full. The next day I had signed on and saw all the emails, some of them I could delete from the inbox, but some of them I could not. It had an error message when I tried to drag and drop it to different folder. I clicked out of my inbox and went into another folder withing OE, and went back to the inbox, and BAM, no emails were there, and then I couldn receive any. I could sent tho. I would hit send/recieve and saw how many were trying to come thru, but they just werent making it to the inbox. Its a work computer and i had orders that needed to be entered and just basic customer service issues that need to be resolved.

She had a tech come by today to work on the computer, but all he did was make copies of files? Im not really sure what he even did do. He did fix the send/recieve issue and I can receive emails now.

This did happen to me before with some "SENT" emails in the Sent folder. I lost a months worth in June. I did some googling and found out a way to fix that by going into the outlook express folder where the DBX files are. I dont remember how I did it, but it worked.

I now have a DBX file (which I fould in the trash on my desktop) that has 1.99GB, and Im almost positive that is the file that needs to be restored that has all my previous emails in it.

I have created a TEMP folder in outlook express, and put all the current emails from my inbox, to the TEMP box.

I have tried creating a new identity and importing the file, but nothing is working.

I also tried a free version of a program I downloaded....Easy outlook express repair, but it was taking so long, almost 30mins to download 12 emails. I cancelled it at 12, they did get saved, I saw the subject line, but when I went too open it, there was no body to the email.

Any help would be great!

Any help would be great!

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Outlook Express has a maximum file size of 2GB, so it sounds like you blew past that and corrupted the file.

5. Daniellek21084

So there is no saving this?

Is there anyway to retrieve messages from this month, minus the day that she sent me that email? I have not dont any compacting this month.

6. Daniellek21084

*done..... After reading my last email and seeing the errors....I need some sleep. Sorry!

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If Outlook Express can't read the file, that confirms it's corrupted. You're not going to be able to get data from it. I take it you don't have a recent backup?

8. Phantom010

9. Daniellek21084

No backup. At least none that I know of. I try to keep all emails in specific sub folders, even the sent emails dont stay in the "sent" folder, they go to specific sub folders as well.

10. Daniellek21084

Thanks guys so much! the DBX export worked...took all day but it worked! Ill def recommend this site to other, quick respones!

11. Phantom010

You're welcome!

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1038447

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice