1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook Express error 0x800CCC0F

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by woodhick, Apr 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. woodhick

woodhick Thread Starter

I am unable to send email to a friend now that our server has changed. Keep getting this error message.:confused:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.hughes.net', Server: 'smtp.hughes.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F:(

I am assuming that I need to make a change but have no idea what. Any help would be appreciated.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    check your settings for POP3 and SMTP

3. woodhick

woodhick Thread Starter

I checked the pop3 and smtp. :( Nothing. Any further suggestions? :confused:

4. woodhick

woodhick Thread Starter

I discovered what the problem was. It did have something to do with the pop3 and smtp. Under servers, I checked 'My Server Requires Authentication'. Guess that was the problem because I can now send email to our friends once more.(y)

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    (y)
    Would you now mark this thread solved - which you have the power to do from your first post.
    goto
    Tick - Mark Solved

Thanks (y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/457219

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice