(Solved) Outlook Express illegal operation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rp4662

I try to open outlook express error message pop up, that says, "This program has performed illegal operation and will be shut down." Detail shows: MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module WAB32.DLL at 017f:35c6211f.
I reinstalled windows98, that supposed to reinstall outlook express, too. But it doesn't fix the problem.
Please help me!

Rp
Welcome to TSG!
Do not know what happened to your Address Book but here is an MSKB article covering that error.

Work through it and let us know if that helps you.

Dave

rp4662

Dave,
I followed the instruction and rename the Address book, but I still got illegal operation error. This time detail shows: MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module MSHTML.DLL at 017f:7ab6dalf.
Now, what should I do? Your help is much appreciated.

What version of IE is loaded on your PC?

If its 5 or less, upgrade to 5.5. It can be a problem with some webpage coding and early versions of IE, which provides all the background dll's

Also try:
Shut down all programmes, go to start/run and type:

regsvr32 mshtml.dll

rp4662

Thank you, my problem finally fixed!! My IE is version 5.
5.5 is seems like no longer available to download, but I saw "MSHTML" Security Update for IE 4.0 and 5, on the same page. You suggested these version may have problem, so I download update. It works!!
Thank you sooooo much!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online