Solved: Outlook Express no mail with Norton

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rex47

Outlook express will not download new mail while the Norton internet security is enabled. This problem just started as mail was downloaded until recently with Norton enabled. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Try the instructions in this knowledge base article from the Symantec website:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...iSpyware Edition&src=sg&pcode=nis&svy=&csm=no
This is assuming you are using Norton Internet Security 2005. If you are using an older version or a different suite then go here:
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/consumer.html
Choose your product and search for outlook or email. The support docs on their website are not 100% foolproof but provide good preliminary steps and may solve it completely. Hope this helps.

Rex47

James, Your solution solved my problem. Thanks so much for your help. People like you who help others make the world a better place. Tom

No problem mate. This forum has helped me off a lot of sticky wickets. Glad i could give something back for a change. Take it easy. James.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online