1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook express question

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cmed, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cmed

cmed Thread Starter

This isn't a big problem for me but thought maybe I could get some guidance on how to change the way my mail opens. I have IE6 and outlook express for mail program.
    When I see that I have mail to read I double click on the message and it opens in minimal size. I have to click maximum in order to read the message. Same thing when I am ready to type a new message to send. Opens in minimal size and I have to click maximum before I can type the message. Any way I can get to a full screen with the first click?
    No mechanical problem just some extra clicks every time.
    Thanks

2. Augie65

Augie65

Just use your mouse on the lower right corner and drag the window to maximized size, don't use the maximize button. You might have to move the window using the title bar at the top to place the window in the middle of your screen. When you close the window, it should remember the size when closed.

3. cmed

cmed Thread Starter

I did as you instructed however it returned to the minimal size. Would not stay at the maximized size.

4. Augie65

Augie65

When you resize it, try holding down Ctrl and click File> Close and then reopen the message again.

5. cmed

cmed Thread Starter

That was the answer Augie65. No more extra clicks Holding ctrl down and clicking file and close made the change from mimimal to maximized. I thank you kindly.

6. Augie65

Augie65

You are very welcome.:)
    You can mark this solved from the thread tools at the top of your post.

7. cmed

cmed Thread Starter

I was wrong. It didn't stay at maximized so i dragged it out again and centered it and then restarted my comoputer. So far it seems to be holding lkay. I'll let you know.

8. cmed

cmed Thread Starter

After dragging it and centering it I then held down ctrl and clicked file and close and then restarted the computer. Seems to be holding okay. Will see after closing down for night and rebooting tomorrow. Thanks again for your help.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538010

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice