Solved: Outlook Express Script Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dick471

On one of my XP+sp2 systems I now get the follong error when trying to print an email:
Char: 1
Error: Unspecified error
Code: 0
URL: res://C:\\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

YES NO

I've run AVG Pro and many spyware programs to no avail. I did a restore TI-8 .tib image file from 12/12/05 and have the same results; Any ideas please???????

It's not a virus or spyware. It's probably just a corrupted Shell Document Object and Control Library dll file. It happens occasionally. Have you ever had AOL on this system? Anyway, you can try to install a fresh version of the dll on top of the old one. You can d-load shdoclc.dll from HERE. Just unzip and copy/paste it into the same folder as the old one --> Windows/system32.

See if that fixes the scripting error.

Luck!

~Eric

dick471

This did not help the problem. I had to copy/paste in Safe Mode, but the error is still there, but now in another language. Any other ideas????

Dick,

You're probably going to have to run Hijack This and provide a log for the more experienced analysts here to check for you. Hijack This is a troubleshooting tool that you can obtain HERE. It's free. Just save it to your desktop. Reboot your system and immediately run Hijack This. It will produce a log of pertinent information regarding your system. Post that log here in it's entirety.

Someone will come along and check it for you. Stay tuned...

Does any of THIS information apply to your printer set up? Scroll down the page to "Cause".

THIS one may also apply.

Dick,

I'm worried that I may have steered you in the wrong direction with that original suggestion of mine to install the new shdoclc.dll file. I don't think it's done anything damaging to your system. However, I don't think it was necessary, on further consideration.

I'm going to see if I can get one of the more experienced Tech Support Guy Forum folks over here for a second opinion on your problems. Stand by...

~Eric

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Hi there :) Let's see the Hijack This log. If it looks alright, we will work on another solution for the error.

Thanks for popping in, Cheese. Hopefully, Dick will be able to post that HJT for us to look at.

~Eric

dick471

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:12:09 PM, on 12/30/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
D:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRSSSDK.exe
C:\Program Files\Raxco\PerfectDisk\PDSched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\FireTrust\MailWasher Pro\MailWasher.exe
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\CallingID\CallingIDGlobal.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Dick Johnson\Local Settings\Temp\wzd374\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdsg.dll
O2 - BHO: CallingID - {9AD9826C-E2B6-4E24-A3AC-C49A505BD0EA} - C:\Program Files\CallingID\CallingID.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: CallingID - {AC897D33-1DB7-4151-B425-2DA88D5A6BED} - C:\Program Files\CallingID\CallingID.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zBrowser Launcher] C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acronis*True*Image Monitor] "C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acronis Scheduler2 Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmcService] C:\PROGRA~1\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe -startgui
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Doctor] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe" /Q
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://D:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - D:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WRNotifier - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WRLogonNTF.dll
O23 - Service: Acronis Scheduler2 Service (AcrSch2Svc) - Acronis - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe Active File Monitor (AdobeActiveFileMonitor) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: PDEngine - Raxco Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Raxco\PerfectDisk\PDEngine.exe
O23 - Service: PDScheduler (PDSched) - Raxco Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Raxco\PerfectDisk\PDSched.exe
O23 - Service: Photoshop Elements Device Connect (PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Spyware Doctor (SDhelper) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
O23 - Service: Sygate Personal Firewall (SmcService) - Sygate Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (svcWRSSSDK) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRSSSDK.exe

Sorry I put this backwards with the lof file file. Any help would be great. Meanwhile I'll try the other printer hint. Dick

dick471

Also checked the link to Microsoft about printer setup. Doesn't apply. I can print just fine (ala. this thread) in Internet Explorer or Opera 8.51. It's just a problem in Outlook Express. I must leave for a dinner with friends now, will check in the AM to see if Hijack log helped anyone. And believe me THANKS for the help sofar. I replaced the XP+SP2 scsi drive (removable trays) with W2000, W2003Server, & Borg 4.1 and the problem does not exist in any of these. Also since I boot many O/S's seperately, I store all Outlook Express mail in a common scsi hd "L" for all of these systems. I can print any email in all of these O/S's from this common drive except XP+SP2. Hope this info helps a little. Maybe a format and reinstall is the next step. I'll try Beefeaters first tonight before a reinstall!!!!

Whoa! Easy on the Beefeaters before computer troubleshooting... been there, done that... could get UGLY!

Cheeseball81,

What do you think about THIS (post #4 by Admin_Matt) solution? I don't think an import of Reg settings from Win2000 is necessary if Dick is competent enough to check/edit his own Registry. What are your thoughts? The thread HERE led me to the Admin_Matt posting.

WOW! This is evidently a very common problem. Follow THIS search on Google using Dick's script error as a search variable. I also noticed that Admin_Matt's fix is on quite a few forums here and there.

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
Unless he feels quite comfortable with the registry, I would give the Google attempts a try first.

If those don't help, I'd proceed with the fix you found.

And if that doesn't help, I will drag a Mod in here who's very proficient with OE. ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online