1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{SOLVED}Outlook Express - Transferring from Mac to Win98

Discussion in 'Archive: Windows 95/98/Me' started by tonymac, Jan 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tonymac

tonymac Thread Starter

I'm switching over from my Mac to a PC running Win 98. The problem is that I can't find a way to get my saved email (4 years worth) from the Mac to the PC. Outlook Express on the Mac doesn't have the Export function that the PC version has. Does anybody have any ideas?

2. Mulderator

Mulderator

See OE Exporter (note, I found this on the Internet and don't know who created it or how it works, so I would be careful with this one).

Also, see How to Move Internet Mail from Outlook Express to an Exchange Server-Based Computer. What you do is put the messages back on your server and then download them in Windows. This seems more complicated than the above solution, but it is from MS, so its reliable.

Here is a link to Third Party Conversion Solutions. There may be a converter there that you prefer and these, again, are linked through MS tech support site.

By the way, let us know what solution you used so we can pass it on to others.

[This message has been edited by Mulder (edited 01-27-2001).]

3. tonymac

tonymac Thread Starter

The OE Exporter AppleScript worked perfectly. Be sure to read the directions. It was necessary to tranfer all of the messages between computers using FTP in order to convert Mac end of lines (CR) to PC (LF & CR). The messages maintained all information including time and date sent as well as attachments. Thank you SO much for finding that. It took me about an hour and a half to get everthing moved over (mainly fumbling around with the DOS ftp client).

Thanks again!!!

4. Mulderator

Mulderator

Glad to hear it worked for you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/39571