1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook freezes up whenever I click on link

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kpleahy, Dec 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kpleahy

kpleahy Thread Starter

My OUtlook is freezing up a lot lately and this is new. Whenever I click on an internet link in the body of an email message - it freezes. If I wait about 3 minutes or more sometimes - it will finally go to explorer and open the link. If I don't wait and decide to just close outlook - I get a "not responding". When I "end program" I get a message from MS that says it is related to WIN Fax Pro.

PLease help this frustrated girl! I don't even know what Winfax Pro is!!

PS - I have Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2 Pentium 4...anything else you need. I can run Hyjack this if it helps...

2. WyldStallyyn

WyldStallyyn

You might have to change the registered file type:

1. Open My Computer.
    2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the File Types tab.
    3. In the Registered File Types list, click URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol, click Advanced, and then click Edit.
    4. In the Actions box, type open.
    5. In the Application used to perform action box, find to the location of Internet Explorer (Iexplore.exe), and then click Open.
    6. In the Application box, type IExplore and then click OK.

That's assuming you're using Internet Explorer as your browser? If not, search for FireFox or whatever browser you prefer.

Let me know if that helps!

3. kpleahy

kpleahy Thread Starter

Thank you so much for your reply. I did what you said and all seemed ok in the fields you had me check. I had another problem that I posted a question about which was a web page stuck on my desktop. Someone wrote me and I was finally able to remove it by going through desktop properties. Anyway - when I fixed that - the freezing problem in Outlook stopped too. They must be related but I have no idea how. Do you know why this would fix it?
    Kathy

4. WyldStallyyn

WyldStallyyn

It's possible that Outlook was trying to access the web page link on your desktop. I didn't see that post, so I'm glad that fixed it!!! :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/523426