1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook Links to Firefox

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by caron1959, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. caron1959

caron1959 Guest Thread Starter

I've searched the database of answers and can only find references to IE. My problem is (and this is all of a sudden) in Outlook. For the past couple of weeks the links in my Outlook emails open only to my Firefox homepage. I have gone into every imaginable Tools/Options in both Outlook and FF, but nothing helps.

TIA - caron1959

:confused:

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

and are you saying that any link opens up to the Firefox Home page not to the link you want to go to...is it possible you have a spyware problem?

3. TheRobatron

TheRobatron

Just a thought: is FF being called with the correct command line string? It sounds like that would be a logical explaination. Maybe there's an option somewhere... I dont use Outlook.

4. abloke

abloke

Can second that, I'm also happy with firefox!!

5. caron1959

Sorry to those of you who answered me -- I've been out of town. I don't know where I would even look for how it's the correct command search string....and just when I thought I knew more than I do! Re: options, I've gone through all that I can find with a fine tooth comb. Just to try to find where this IS, I installed T'bird and the same issue: I click on a link in an email, in either FF or Outlook -- In Outlook, it opens the FF browser but to the homepage I have it set for, not the linked page. In TG, it doesn't open, period. Thanks so much for replying......

6. TheRobatron

TheRobatron

Have you tried reinstalling FF and/or Outlook?

7. caron1959

Robatron: --

I thought about it and here's what I came up with. TB is brand spankin' new as of last night...did you mean TB when you said FF? And re: reinstalling Outlook, I'm afraid I'm not sure how to back up all of my message folders and/or how to re-add them back in after a new install.

That's where I am.......and thanks for the reply.

Still :confused: and :(

caron1959

8. caron1959

Ziggy - thanks for the thought. I ran the free v. of AVG and it only caught about 23 tracking nothings.....

9. TheRobatron

TheRobatron

I meant Firefox - what do you mean by TB?

10. caron1959

Sorry -- I am using Firefox, but TB is Thunderbird, which I just installed 3 or 4 nights ago....that's what I was referring to where the links don't work from. Thunderbird AND Outlook...:)

11. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

What is the underlying operating system?

12. caron1959

I'm on XP Pro. The weird thing :confused: is I've made no changes. It just started....happening! I was thinking of installing FF anyway, so I thought I would do it at that point, since I exhausted every: tool, option, "help" (which it never does...help, I mean) and see if it was an Outlook thing or a general problem. I have my answer, which only makes it more frustrating.....

I really tried everything I could think of before posting here.

Thanks.

13. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

XP/Pro ... SP2 or SP3?

What version of Outlook?

Also, any Security Suite or Firewall in the picture?

Finally, what happens if you CTRL/Click rather than Click on a link?

14. caron1959

You didn't show up in my email -- didn't know you replied....again....an thanks again.

No firewall and disabled security......

Hadn't heard of ctl-click. Tried it, though an same result. Got excited there for a moment!

15. caron1959

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757463

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice