1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook Messages - HTML and Plain

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by lschul, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

I am using Outlook and I like to have all messages in HTML. I have recd a few messages and when I reply to them, it is in plain text. How do I make sure that every new message and every reply is in HTML? I thought I had it set right...

2. Augie65

Augie65

lschul,
    Check this setting in Outlook. Tools> Options> Mail Format tab> check to see if HTML is selected in Compose in this message format: box. Then click Internet Format button> under Outlook Rich Text options, on the drop down make sure that Convert to HTML format is selected.

3. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

yep, that is how I have it set up...

4. Augie65

Augie65

If this only happens to certain addresses, you might have the format changed in your contacts. Open Contacts, and double click on a contact that you are having this problem.
    In the E-mail box on the right, double click the address. In the box at the bottom,
    Internet format: make sure that Send Plain Text only is not selected.

5. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

Just a small reminder.
    Don't forget many people choose to open all email as plain text rather than HTML for nasties prevention reasons. If people are seeing your HTML formated emails as text it could very easily be the settings on their comp.

6. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

send using outlook rich text format is checked. If it is their computer, not much I can do about it. Thanks!

7. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

I don't know that it is the case ..... just I'm one of those people that always open up email as plain text and I know others do as well. So thought it was a possibility you should consider.

8. lschul

lschul Thread Starter

Its no big deal, nothing to fret about. Thanks everyone!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/532189

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice