1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook not working with new Exchange users

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by cstoner, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cstoner

cstoner Thread Starter

I can't seem to get outlook to setup new Exchange 2010 users. When I click on Check Name, Outlook locks up and closes on me. I have a coexistance with exchange 2003 and all 2003 users work fine and so do exisiting 2010 users that I have had running for a month or so now.
    The new user does show up in the address books and is able to open OWA and activesync.

Has anyone ran into this?
    I can setup other outlook users when logged into this computer so I assume it is somthing on the server.
    I have upgraded and moved the address books to the new server and assume it has somthing to do wiht that.

Thank you

2. AQ78

AQ78

3. cstoner

cstoner Thread Starter

Sorry, should have specified. I am using outlook 2007

4. AQ78

AQ78

and can you confirm the users mailboxes are on that 2010 server...

5. cstoner

cstoner Thread Starter

Yes, I even setup a user on the 2003 exchange box and moved them to the 2010 box. it worked fine untill i moved the mailbox.

6. AQ78

AQ78

so it cant resolve the new server, have you done the usual things such as add the server into the local machines host file etc incase its just a dns problem..

7. cstoner

cstoner Thread Starter

I don't think it is a DNS issue as I can setup other users on the same machine. Only when I am logged in as the new user and trying to set them up is when I have the issue.
    One other thing to mention, if I open outlook right after I create the user, and setup exchange, the setup goes through fine, shows the correct server and says it logs in. But will close outlook when I try open it. When I check the account settings the mailserver name is listed but the username shows up as =smtp:[email protected]

8. cstoner

cstoner Thread Starter

Here is the error I am getting in outlook when I click on Check Name

[​IMG]

9. cstoner

cstoner Thread Starter

Another thing I am noticing, when the 2 accounts fail, I see on the server logs the logon Authentication Package is Kerberos. Successful users are showing NTLM.

10. cstoner

cstoner Thread Starter

This is resolved. I found all the permissions were gone in the default GAL, added user permissions and resolved the issue.

11. AQ78

AQ78

Good stuff, what permission did the GAL actually require?

12. cstoner

cstoner Thread Starter

They only needed Read access

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice