1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: OUTLOOK refusing permission

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by timgreene, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timgreene

timgreene Thread Starter

Hi there...

I've recently moved my Outlook folders from one machine to another, exporting the Personal Folder File and then importing it. All worked fine.

But now, when I try and make a sub-folder in my folders list, it refuses. The New Folder option is available when I right click the INBOX folder, but not if I right click any of the sub-folders there-under.

Similarly, it won't let me copy items from one folder to another. Says I don't have permission and that I should right-click the folder and click properties to check permission for the folder. But I can't find anything like that under properties.

It suggests I see the "folder owner or your administrator to change your permissions" but I am both of the above!

I hope someone out there can help me.

Many thanks
    Tim

2. timgreene

timgreene Thread Starter

I have sorted this problem out. Please do not worry about replying.
    Thanks
    Tim

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/640885

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice