1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook - sending email over & over

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by LindaHeron, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LindaHeron

LindaHeron Thread Starter

I am using Windows XP and Outlook 2003. Recently some emails have become stuck in my outbox and appear to be trying to send but never leave my send box -- yet the recipients report receiving the email over and over -- sometimes reporting over 25 times until they call to say "stop it already"!!! I have eventually had to delete the message to stop it from sending. Most of these messages have attachments, but not always. Please help before my friends and colleagues ban me!!:eek:

2. draceplace

draceplace

The fact that you can delete the message from the Outbox without 'going offline' is interesting. And the fact that it continues to happen is a little different than what I've heard before.

If your profile is Corrupt up this may fix the problem http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid43_gci1249644,00.html#
    This could very well be on the 'mail server' and your administrators will have to work it out.

I've also seen this cause by the recipients side but with several people reporting the problem (unless they are at the the same site) I don't think its the issue.

3. LindaHeron

Thank you so much for your help!! Indirectly my mail profile was the problem, or at least the key to correcting the problem. Apparently our mail server (sympatico) is in the process of changing connection details for the purpose of reducing spam and other problems. Unfortunately I didn't receive a notice to inform me to change my settings. In the process of following your direction I contacted our internet supplier and they helped me make the necessary changes to correct the problem. Thanks for your quick reply -- it was driving me round the bend, and my friends and colleagues were about to string me up!! Linda

4. draceplace

draceplace

Glad to have been of assistance LindaHeron. I was actually in charge of an exchange server and blocked a vendors email who had an account stuck in this loop. I couldn't get them to fix it so I said 'no more email till you fix this' about a week later they called and had it fixed!! I wasn't sure of the exact solution.

Anyway I'm glad your first trip to TSG was a success! If you would click the "solved" button at the top of the thread it would be appreciated.

5. LindaHeron

Righto!! Thanks again for your help!! Now if we can only figure out my other problem with Netscape Navigator -- life would be very good indeed!!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/772554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice