Solved: Outlook suddenly changing HTML to plain text

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CndMaple

We use Outlook 2007 in our office. About two weeks ago, all of the emails I have been sending to the boss have been arriving in her Inbox as Plain Text. This morning she didn't receive the new staff member's email contact info I attached to a group message...everyone else in the office received my message in HTML, with the attachment, no problem.
I did some surfing this afternoon...found suggestions to check Email Settings under Trust Centre in Outlook...not the problem. Also found some allusions to AVG being the problem, checked those settings, again...not the problem.We need to get this sorted ASAP.
Thanks very much for your help!

CndMaple

More surfing last night found this...

Open the Contacts folder in Outlook. Double-click the contact you want to change.
Double-click the contact's email address.
Uncheck "Send plain text only" in the "Internet Format" box. Press "OK."

When I got to work this morning and looked, sure enough...Send Plain Text only had somehow gotten checked. I unchecked it, sent a test message and all is good again.

Bizarre!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online