Solved: Outlook vs Norton Update & Sending Mail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

khb

Occasionally I've had a problem sending mail from Outlook 2003 after I've downloaded Norton updates. Happened again today and the only way I've been able to fix it (past and present) is to do a system restore. After the update downloaded and requested a restart, trying to send a message from the Outbox just lets it churn and churn, then it gives a send error. Is there a way to counteract this without doing a system restore? :(

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I'd try to remove and reinstall Norton first.
What happens when you disable the outboung email scanner ?
Might also try disabling Nortons Office scanner.

khb

The second time I restored my computer, Norton asked me to activate my software (which I had obviously done months ago). That action put it in the creamer again. I tried turning off scanning of outbound mail, which had no effect. The only way I can send mail is to disable Norton Internet Security, which kinda destroys the effect, dontcha think! Although this has happened before, it's never persisted after I did the system restore. Guess I'll have to comb Nortons knowledge base, which I find difficult to locate things in.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Try disabling Nortons "Office Plugin" ... Options > Miscellaneous.
It can be a real PITA.

Have you used other scanners and looked for bugs ? ... Norton ain't perfect.
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

khb

Thanks so much. I'll read the article thoroughly.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online