Solved: outlook wiped out

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ronnie27

I downloaded ADOBE ELEMENTS free 30 day trial from the adobr site. when i installed i got a message saying i had a dll file missing. i went on the net got the file and when i downloaded it, i think it altered something in my registry. bottom line is that it wiped out everything i had on outlook 2000. i.e. ccntact list, my actual address and all mail i have recieved and saved for four years. i looked for a pst file, but this did not help. the infomation i stored like an idiot on outlook has just vanished.
question ? is there any way i can retrieve the information from my pc?
many thanks in advance for your help
ronnie

etaf

Wayne
have you searched across all the hard drive for a .pst file
are you showing system hidden files

ronnie27

etaf said:
have you searched across all the hard drive for a .pst file
are you showing system hidden files
thanks. i have found 2 pst files and tried to open them using outlook, but to no avail. about the hidden system files i anm unclear. i have also tried restore system. again to no avail

etaf

Wayne
what are the names of the files
archive and outlook ???

how have you tried to open ?

ronnie27

Believe It Or Not Someone Said Simply Go To System Tools And Do A Restore.
Problem Solved. Thanks !!

etaf

Wayne
Thanks for taking the time to reply - its very useful to see what the actual fix was for those helping and others searching the forum

(y)
Would you now mark this thread solved - which you have the power to do from your first post.
goto
Tick - Mark Solved

Thanks (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online