1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outloox Express 6 Problem. Please help!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Mr.Caleb, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mr.Caleb

Mr.Caleb Thread Starter

Hello this is my 1st time posting here.
    I really hope there is someone here who can help me out.

I use outlook express6 for my mail for the last year or so with no problems at all.
    Today when I tried to check my mail a box popped up which read
    "Logon-mail.eircom.net"
    I have Never had to use a username or password before.
    It already had my username in place and ***** where my password should be.
    So I ok'd it but go this message ...
    "There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'mail1.eircom.net', Server: 'mail1.eircom.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR authorization failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92"

Any ideas any help would be gratefully recieved.
    *Forgot to mention I use Windows XP*

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

the first thing to check is with your ISP (Internet service provider),make sure there are no issues and confirm the mail servers have not changed. you can either check their support link, or call them.

3. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Your ISP probably has a web-based email site where you can check your mail too. Make sure nothing funky is going on by logging into their site with your username and p/w to verify that nothing changed. If the login credentials work on their website I would recommend deleting and recreating the mail account from scratch.

Regards,
    Rollin

4. Mr.Caleb

Mr.Caleb Thread Starter

I can log in via web mail without any problems so I will try your recomendations. Thanks.

5. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

sometimes the ISP will change the server names, it's always helpful to check their online troubleshooting....look here on this link from your ISP.. pay attention to the server settings part as there are 2 links depending on what you are using.

6. Mr.Caleb

Mr.Caleb Thread Starter

(y)Thanks Ziggy1. I got it sorted!

7. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

awesome....you can mark this post solved in the top left.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755780

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice