Solved: Outloox Express 6 Problem. Please help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mr.Caleb

Hello this is my 1st time posting here.
I really hope there is someone here who can help me out.

I use outlook express6 for my mail for the last year or so with no problems at all.
Today when I tried to check my mail a box popped up which read
"Logon-mail.eircom.net"
I have Never had to use a username or password before.
It already had my username in place and ***** where my password should be.
So I ok'd it but go this message ...
"There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'mail1.eircom.net', Server: 'mail1.eircom.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR authorization failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92"

Any ideas any help would be gratefully recieved.
*Forgot to mention I use Windows XP*

the first thing to check is with your ISP (Internet service provider),make sure there are no issues and confirm the mail servers have not changed. you can either check their support link, or call them.

Your ISP probably has a web-based email site where you can check your mail too. Make sure nothing funky is going on by logging into their site with your username and p/w to verify that nothing changed. If the login credentials work on their website I would recommend deleting and recreating the mail account from scratch.

Regards,
Rollin

Mr.Caleb

I can log in via web mail without any problems so I will try your recomendations. Thanks.

sometimes the ISP will change the server names, it's always helpful to check their online troubleshooting....look here on this link from your ISP.. pay attention to the server settings part as there are 2 links depending on what you are using.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online