1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Over-rideing ads

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by blkwlnt64, Jul 15, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. blkwlnt64

blkwlnt64 Thread Starter

This has become a pain in the B. These crap ads from Webex and Toshiba used to show on right side displayed vertically but now it dispayed horizontally where the members of a dropdown list(New Posts,Search,etc) are displayed but the list members are overwritten by the ad.

I know the forum is supported by advertizing but can this behavior be altered ????????

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

I'm sure its not done on purpose, I noticed that the problem happens in Internet Explorer and Opera but not in Firefox.

3. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

If you add "forums.techguy.org" to your Restricted Sites list in IE then choose "Enable Active Scripting" for Restricted Sites, that will stop the flash ads from showing and blocking the menus.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You can also contribute $20 and lose the ads for a year. :)

5. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

The ads cover up the Quick Links menu with the donate button :p

6. blkwlnt64

blkwlnt64 Thread Starter

TKS brendan, your suggestion in post 3 works ay least at the highest level which is all that I needed.

7. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

[tsg=yourewelcome]yourewelcome[/tsg]

8. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!