Solved: overclock my gt220

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jinxy

hi all i have now got a new card for my
pc it a gt220 I'm thinking about over clocking it a
small amount, I'm not sure how to go about this.
i know that this card can be over clocked
where do i begin
j

crjdriver

You have bought a very low end video card. I am wondering if you wanted performance, why buy the low end card?

If you really really want to attempt to overclock this, download the nvidia system tools software [available on the nvidia site] This will allow you to up the core speed and or memory speed.

Again I would not hope for much from this card; it is NOT made for serious gaming.

jinxy

OK thanks for that, i know is a low end card
it does run battle Field bad company 2 on medium, so I'm just after
bit more out of it
j

crjdriver

Then download the nvidia software and have at it.

Do remember the first rule of overclocking;
Do not overclock with parts you cannot afford to replace.

Overclocking the card may net you a 5%~10% increase in performance... depending on how much you can push it.

This means if you're getting 25fps in MED settings, then you may get it up to 27~28fps. To get higher res & details, a higher end card is required.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts