1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Oversize Cursor

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Old Bob, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Old Bob

Old Bob Thread Starter

Does anybody have a freeware link where I can find an oversize cursor for Win98SE ??

All my "searches" keep leading back to this site -

http://www.cursormania.com/?partner=ZCxdm238&spu=true

Where they are trying to "sell" stuff !!

NOTE: This is for my Thinkpad, in bad lighting the cursor is almost impossible to see.

2. Flags

Flags

Bob: Watch where you download FREE stuff. You may be downloading a bunch of crapola with it.
    I've been working on some teen's PC's with all kinds of "goodies". It takes hours to clean up their messes.

3. Old Bob

Old Bob Thread Starter

Flags,

Thanks for rapid response !!

That's the same problem I'm running into, the link I included in original posting wants to add a "Search Bar" that I don't need.

Actually I found a "pretty good" download - just the "oversize" arrow. Now I have to figure out how to install it.

4. RT

RT

Old Bob

It's been awhile since I've used '98, but I recall that there were some larger sized arrows and cursors built in to the Accessibility Options, or perhaps Control Panel.
    Have you checked those out?

5. jubalsams

jubalsams

Hi Bob, it's CP Mouse Pointers right click the pointer and click "What's This?"

Best

6. Old Bob

Old Bob Thread Starter

RT,

I had the same thought - and I went through Control Panel "icon by icon" and I can't find what I "seem" to remember.

Meanwhile, I've got this oversize arrow "parked" on the Desktop and I can't figure out how and especially where to install it.

Jubalsam,

I'm not sure what you're saying -- click on "what pointer" ???

My mouse is pushing an arrow around the screen - How do I click on "it-self" ???

7. RT

RT

8. Old Bob

Old Bob Thread Starter

Thanks RT,

That Microsoft site is exactly what I've been looking for.

I have been taking my Thinkpad to the local strip mall, trying to "piggyback/hijack" a business network [bank/drug store] to check the installation/setup of my new wireless adapter. Need to go downtown and find a "real hot spot" !!

But using a notebook outdoors, the screen is almost impossible to see and forget about the "stock" cursor. This is why I'm looking for an oversize cursor.

9. RT

RT

You're most welcome, 'Elderly' Bob :)

Did that info get you where you want to be ( aside from the "hot spot"? ;) )

If so, you can mark this as 'Solved' from the Thread Tools link at the top right of your first post (only you have that power).

If not, let us know how it's working for you and ask further if needed.

10. Old Bob

Old Bob Thread Starter

RT,

Using the link you posted, took "Old Bob" a few minutes to figure out exactly what Microsoft was doing.

Turns out when you click "Setup" the new cursors are installed directly into Control Panel on the Pointers tab of the Mouse icon. Have to read the "concise" directions several times before I figured out where to look.

Everybody, thanks for your help.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436610

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice