1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Overwrite Or Uninstall Microsoft Office Trial Version

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by hellwaits4U, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hellwaits4U

hellwaits4U Thread Starter

I purchased a PC which came with a pre-installed trial version of Microsoft Office (I don't know if it is Home, Pro., or which), but believe it is 2007. I subsequently purchased Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007. Although it has less features than the pre-installed version I believe it includes the features that My Wife and I will normally use. When installing this program, am I supposed to uninstall the pre-installed trial version, or will it automatically be deleted or overwritten?

2. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

Go to this Microsoft link, and scroll down to Product Support, there you will see "How do I uninstall the trial from my computer". If you click on that, it will expand with an explanation, read it all, and do what applies to your condition. Here is the link: http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/faq.aspx

3. hellwaits4U

I apologize for the duplicate thread. After posting the thread and waiting for approximately 10 - 15 minutes or so I searched (clicked on "View My Posts") to see if there was a reply. I could not even find the thread I had submitted, much less a reply. So I posted the thread again. I don't know if this is just the way it works, but I thought I remembered being able to view my posts almost immediately after submitting them in the past.

4. hellwaits4U

I would like to say Thank You to IMP49. I followed the link provided and found the information I needed to proceed with the uninstallation, as well as to subsequently install the Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 onto my system. Again, Thank You!!!

5. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914220

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice