1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] packard bell bios

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RDD, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RDD

RDD Thread Starter

I accidently upgraded my bios from 1.09 to 2.00 and now I'm having problems. Priorityonesupport was no help. First my usb went disabled causing my printer to stop. Then when I tried to reformat hard drive I get a message that says my master recovery CD is for a packard bell system only and to call tech support if it is. Called priority one twice with no help. Can't access setup thru F2 it doesn't work. Computer still works just not right. HELP!!!!!!

2. hw45

hw45

Try to "downgrade" your BIOS to 1.09 again.

3. RDD

RDD Thread Starter

I've tried to download from priorityone and send to disk all I get is invalid disc. Help!!!

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

This may be a silly question, but how exactly did you accidentally upgrade the bios?

5. hw45

hw45

What I ment is not download, what I ment is "downgrade". That means put on your "old" BIOS version again.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Your usb has likely been disabled in the Bios by the bios flash, secondly, have you changed any hardware in your computer since you got it - this is likely why the recovery won't work. Packard Bell recoveries can refuse to work if you replace the cd-rom with a different brand. What kind of problems are you exactly having?

7. RDD

RDD Thread Starter

Accidently is not really the word I was trying to upgrade and went the sit for pb850 motherboard and saw a version of the bios 2.0 downloaded and installed. USB ports not working, machine not recognized as packard bell so I can't reformat with master recovery CD an diskette. F keys on keybpard not working. I can't enter set up since I can't use the F2 key. Machine seems sluggish, printer is sluggish, seems to not be woorking right.

8. ~Candy~

Can you reconnect the keyboard........then restart.

9. RDD

RDD Thread Starter

The only difference between now and when new is 64mb more ram.

10. ~Candy~

11. RDD

RDD Thread Starter

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard and removing the keyboard driver also still no F keys

12. RDD

RDD Thread Starter

I've got a disc with awdflash.exe and pb850.exe(bios) and when I try to start computer with disc inserted all I get is adrive and when I type in either file name I get this file cannot be run in DOS. Where do I go from here!

13. ~Candy~

What happens if you try to start the computer without the keyboard? You should get a keyboard error message...does that happen?

What are you typing at the a: prompt?

14. RDD

RDD Thread Starter

All I'm getting is new hard ware found and then locating and installing drivers

I'm typing at the A:prompt several variations of
    awdflash.exexxxxxxxx.bin
    awdflash.exexxxxxxxx.pro
    awdflash.exexxxxxxxx.grd
    run then above
    awdflash.exe/pb850.exe.bin

any of the variations I could think of for these 2 files

15. ~Candy~

At the a: prompt.......what happens if you type:

awdflash
    and press enter?

Same thing for the other one..........

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!