Solved: Page numbers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alkali1

I looked through the site but didn't see a similar question. I use Windows 7, Firefox, and Word 2003. I have used Page numbers for some years but suddenly, starting yesterday, the number will NOT appear on the top, right side of the page. When I choose top of page, right side the number appears on the top LEFT side. Two days ago I finished a manuscript with no problem, 118 pages, and the numbers appeared on the top, right side. Yesterday I printed out Chapter 1, four pages, numbers where they should be. Today I started with Chapter 2, page 5, but it will NOT appear on the right side. I don't know what I did to make this problem come about. Any suggestions?

alkali1

O.K., my problem is solved. I went online and asked the question and the solution is a combination of several approaches. When Insert brought the page number up on the left side, I brought up Header/Footer, highlighted the number on the left side, clicked on CTRL + R, the number zipped to the right, I clicked Save, and it works. It's a pain, but that's the only my manuscript looks the way I want it. Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online