1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Pages open too large for screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tlh99, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tlh99

tlh99 Thread Starter

I am using windows XP with setting of 800 X 600 pixels. Most web pages in IE and emails in OE open too large for my screen and I must use the slider bar at the bottom to read the full page. Is there a setting somewhere to make these pages to open to size of my screen?

Thank You, tlh99

2. M.Woodhouse

M.Woodhouse

Many web designers, including myself, tend to ignore the 800x600 resolution as it tends not to be used very much these days, and its hard to create a site that looks good using 800x600 as a base.

Some sites will be "liquid" where the width is based on percentage not pixels, so the site will change width depending on your resolution.

Unfortunatly there isnt much that can be done on the web site front, other than increasing your resolution to atleast 1024x786 if you can.

As for the emails, does this happen with all emails? Or just the ones which are mainly made up out of images.

3. tlh99

tlh99 Thread Starter

Thank You for your fast response.
    On emails it happens most frequently on images but also happens when the text is in extra large size.
    Nothing I cannot live with but thought perhaps I had some settings incorrect.
    tlh99

4. buf

buf

Perhaps a temporary measure would be to press and hold down the Ctrl key and slowly turn your wheel on your mouse, if you have a wheel. Or click on view at top of your window, scroll down and select text size. Good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700377

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice