1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Parental Software

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Kanden, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kanden

Kanden Thread Starter

I am looking for a good parental software for my computer. I need a software that can have different settings for each user, and to have it password locked so only i or another person with the password can access it. I must be able to see what sites the user is going on, and what programs. It would also be nice to get screenshots of each site upon the user opening and closing it. I would also like to have an option to record what the user types. However i am looking for a FREE program, but if i must pay for it to be a safe virus free program i will.
    If anybody can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

2. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    As a basic start, the Parental Controls built into Vista have some very basic functions (things like game ratings and time restrictions) which can be configured for individual users. It requires an administrator account password to change settings. You can read more about it here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Set-up-Parental-Controls

More advanced features (record-keeping, keylogging etc) you will most certainly have to pay for.

Hope it helps.

3. Kanden

Kanden Thread Starter

Sorry for late reply, but thanks for the help :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086312

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice