1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Password corruption in Thunderbird

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by noru, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. noru

noru Thread Starter

I have two pc's, one with win7, the other with win xp. I have had Mozilla Thunderbird installed on both PC's, with my email delivered to either one with the same password. Today when I booted the xp, I hit the Thunderbird Icon too quick apparently. At any rate my password does not work on the xp but still works on the win7 pc. Thunderbird does not have any means that I can determine to reset the password.

I suspect this problem has not appeared before. It is certainly the first time for me. I have tried deleting the program and reinstalling with zero good results. I cannot delete the account because I don't have the password. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

noru

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2039 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 148695 MB, Free - 106639 MB; D: Total - 148687 MB, Free - 114671 MB;
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 09F0h
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6

Processor Count: 2

RAM: 2045 Mb

Graphics Card:

Hard Drives: C: Total - 238472 MB, Free - 229260 MB; D: Total - 238472 MB, Free - 229482 MB;

Motherboard: Intel Corporation, D975XBX

Antivirus: Advanced SystemCare Ultimate, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

3. noru

noru Thread Starter

Thanks a million. I am the knucklehead, not you. I visiting those sites, but missed the password subject.

noru

4. 2twenty2

2twenty2

You're welcome.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148300

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice