1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Password expired

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Bobcoop103, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bobcoop103

Bobcoop103 Thread Starter

I have been running XP for about 3 months now and suddenly when I try to boot up I get a message as follows:

Logon Message
    Your password has expired and must be changed.

When I click on OK a box appears asking for old password and a space to enter a new one.

To my knowledge there never was a password and now I can't get past this point. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Bob

2. jraquel

jraquel

Have you gotten passed the "password" yet?

3. Bobcoop103

No, I have not.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Imply pressing Enter in each box doesnt let you through? (null password)

5. MaDKiWi

MaDKiWi

Sounds like XP pro, and someone has played with your password and/or security settings.....
    Boot into safe mode, and log in as administrator which SHOULDNT have a password, unless you also set one. Go to your user panel and choose your particular user name and reset the password to your liking.... then restart and the problem should be gone.

6. Bruce319

Bruce319

It sounds like XP is warning about your password. Instead of clicking on OK, try clicking on Cancel to bypass the message then go into your control panel and double click on Users. Make any modications related to the password there.
    If you plan to start using a password, you can leave the "old password" blank and enter a new password in that message box.

7. mobo

mobo

Never heard of it really before. have you done any virus scans or trojan scans ?

8. Mr_Webmaster

Mr_Webmaster

It's is possible, You just can't find it very easy. It's in Local Users and Groups in MMC (Microsoft Management Console) go into safe mode like MaDKiWi said, and go Start>Run.. and type MMC, then go File>Add/Remove Snap-in, push the Add button, then scroll down till you see Local users and groups, and edit your username and check Password Never Expires.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. keebs

keebs

just press cancel or ok it it will just go threw simple as that and when u go to the desktop you do what Mr_Webmaster has showed you thx webmaster for that helpful picture hope this helps cya any questions email me at [email protected] =] - keEbS

10. Bobcoop103

For whatever reason the problem went away but I will keep the info you all sent me.

Thanks, Bob

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172698

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice