Solved: Password Protecting Folder

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dlbutler

Does anyone know if there's away to password protect folders/files in Windows 8? I can hide the folder if I right click it and choose properties, and select Hide the folder. But what I really what to do is password protect folders. Is there a simple way? Can anyone please help.

Thanks A Bunch

Attachments

etaf

Wayne
the only program I have used - does not say it works on windows 8 - there is a support email- so maybe worth emailing them
and its free - I have used on vista and w7 PCs

http://www.xoslab.com/efl.html

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
It appears that this folder is under your "User" account folder. It is NOT shared unless you have declared it shared and/or added it to the Libraries.

If you do NOT what any of your user folders shared, remove them from the libraries, and then in Windows Explorer, right click the user name, and select the "Share With" and the select "Remove sharing".
These two actions should remove all sharing of ANY folders and files of your user account.

To test this out, log out of your account and log into another (Or make another) and try and access these folder.

etaf

Wayne
thanks for letting us know - did you get a reply from support or just give it a try ?
lets us know if you run into any issues on windows 8 - i very rarely get asked for this type of program - but just in case

dlbutler

I just gave it a try. I like the idea of it being a relatively small program, not to mention it was free. Once I figure out the interface, then I'm cool. And it gives me the ability to password protect certain folders, and that's exactly what I wanted. I so appreciate the help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online