Solved: password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Try going to the safe mode, logging in using the Administrator account and current password, and then in the control panel, then user accounts, one can change the password.

What type of Administrator Account are you referring to..?

• Built-in default Administrator
  • Local Account setup as an Administrator
  • Microsoft Account setup as an Administrator

T.

OK, thanks now I understand.

Did you setup this Administrator as a Local Account or as a Microsoft Account?

T.

chuck-HD

My wife bought a llaptop from her brother. She cant get rid of his password.

1. If it has been setup as a Local Account then follow the instructions provided by Dave in Post #2 (I know that you said that your wife tried that but I suggest you try again - I have never known it not to work)

2. If it has been setup as a Microsoft Account then login online to the Account and change the Password as per the instructions for the Account.

In both of the above cases you will need the current password to make the changes.

T.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online