1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: PC building question about cd/dvd drives

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bishop379, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bishop379

bishop379 Thread Starter

I am building my own pc, I was wondering if I can install 3 cd disk drives. I have all the hardware and the tower to accommodate it, but I have never used 3 before. Also, how should I set my assignment plug, I was thinking......#1 drive master.......#2 drive slave..........#3 cable select. I know this might be a dumb question but I can't help it......thanx

2. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

Hello there. Firstly it all depends on whether the CD/DVD drive is SATA or IDE. If it is IDE then you will need 2 available IDE sockets on the motherboard of the PC. If they are all SATA then you will need 3 available SATA ports on the motherboard.

Sata is on the top and IDE on the bottom. - http://archive.64bits.se/guider/pcbyggarskola/sata.jpg

3. bishop379

bishop379 Thread Starter

I installed them all, there were 2 sockets on the MB. I had to add an extra IDE but they all work great and in perfect unisom. I appreciate the reply, I love this forum.

4. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

Nice work. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/930102