1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: PC file buildup

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Magician595, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Magician595

Magician595 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I work in a school and my computer has been filling up with screen prints. I have gone from 6GB free to 58GB free on the Hard Drive after I found and deleted the files. It is strange because it is not happening anywhere else in the school.
    the files were in \\C\programdata\iecache\nspcr
    I have done research before I came here into pcr (I assume means print screen) and the ns which i believe is something called netserve. It is still happening and it remakes the folder each time i delete it, each time filling it with random screen shots.
    A possible program that could cause it is iTALC. this is classroom monitoring freeware, still in beta, and allows you to take screen shots of the pupils.
    Please advise on what to do as I cannot find any settings to stop this. It is not a major problem but it fills the hard drive in roughly 3 weeks.
    For any extra details please ask.
    James

2. Magician595

Solved. It was net spy pro.
    for anyone else that is interested in the details because they have a similar problem, just ask.

3. techgal11

techgal11

Hi , I have the same problem ....It wud be great if u can help me in solving the isse

4. Magician595

hey,
    well if you have a buildup of the same files in the same location, i would suggest you check installed program for 'net spy pro'. It is an old torjan that has fallen out of circulation. I had no problem uninstalling the program but I would reccommend a virus sweep of your system to be sure its all gone.
    hope this helps. anything else, just ask.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028113

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice