1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Pc Optimizer Pro???

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by kcrenea86, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kcrenea86

kcrenea86 Thread Starter

I recently purchased the HP 2000-329WM Laptop PC with AMD Dual Core E350 Processor & Windows 7 Home Premium. Now I have this PC Opitmizer Pro that has shown up on it. It says I have 200+ critical errors. I have used norton and the hp support assistant to check my lt & nothing shows up. However I do not know that much about computers. Is the Pc Optimizer Pro a virus or is it something I need and my lt just not picking up on the problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

Casey

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

My advice is to stay as far away as you possibly can from Registry Cleaners, Boosters, Optimizers, TuneUp Utilities... You'll only end up crippling programs and the operating system beyond repair! These programs are completely useless and will delete what they don't understand and legitimate files still in use.

Keep in mind that they will always find "errors" to fix, even on a fresh Windows installation!

Why I Don’t Use Registry Cleaners

Registry Cleaners and System Tweaking Tools

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic347491.html/page__p__1932993

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/997274-registry-got-messed-up-advanced.html

3. kcrenea86

kcrenea86 Thread Starter

thank you so much =), is there any security/ virus protection software you would reccomend purchasing? Theres not too much located around me( walmart & office max) Still I would like to find something that will protect my computer and keep it in good condition.

4. Phantom010

5. kcrenea86

kcrenea86 Thread Starter

ok, thank you, very much obliged.

6. Phantom010

You're welcome! :)

7. UserBarZero

UserBarZero

Pc optimizer pro might have come with the hp bloatware.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!