1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: pc performance`

Discussion in 'Games' started by steveg123, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. steveg123

steveg123 Thread Starter

hi there,
    i just recently built my first pc and was just wondering if you can give me some input on what you think of my setup and how performance should be etc.specs are as follows>

amd phenomx4 9850
    gigabyte radeon hd4870x2
    4gb crucial ballistix 1066mhz ram 8500
    seagate barracuda 500gb 7200rpm 32mb cache
    gigabyte 780g mobo
    vista premium 32bit
    coolermaster 700w psu
    coolermaster cosmos s case

also can you recommend 10 good games for pc to get other than crysis,world in conflict and company of heroes,call of duty 4

thanks in advance.

2. marc_89

marc_89

About the games, maybe Half Life 2 + episodes? Also Medieval: Total War and its expansion as well as Race Driver Grid.

3. sup2a

sup2a

The processor will certainly be your downfall, quad core AMDs are very slow, a mid-high end dual core would be around as fast

Race driver grid isnt that good :) i lost interest preatty quickly. Go for Oblivion as well

4. Crimson Shadow

Crimson Shadow

I have Stalker clear sky and thats preety good

5. steveg123

steveg123 Thread Starter

how comes the dual core amd cpus are better performers than the quads? i was on a budget hence my choice of phenomx4 instead of intel quads

6. sup2a

sup2a

Dont really know, just know they are slower and perform worse in various tests, some tests i guess they would perform well in but overall they are slower, how much are the 9850s anyway? an Intel Q6600 is a very decent price, however you computer you would want something a little more powerful.

7. steveg123

steveg123 Thread Starter

mine cost me 120.done a bit of looking up and wish i had gone for one of the intel core 2 quads,think it the q6600,been called the greatest cpu ever made, it also 120ish and although 2.4ghz versus my phenom 2.5ghz its apparently great for OC'ing oh well i can always oc my phenom up a few hundred mhz to give it a boost and if worst come to worst ill grab a intel mobo and cpu to match and pop that in instead.thanks for the input though.much appreciated

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755876

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice