Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: PC shuts down unexpectedly

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  TerryNet 
#1 ·
On December 10, there was about 20+ windows update. After that day my PC has been shutting off on its own, usually during sleepmode. When it is sleeping at times the keyboard or mouse will not wake up the pc, making me have to manually shut down. I have seeked help from HP and they say it is software related and that my insurance was only for hardware and that I have to pay a whole different bill to get it fixed. I would like to know if there is anyway to get this fixed without giving them more money?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 7883 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -1792 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 935973 MB, Free - 322546 MB; D: Total - 16032 MB, Free - 1937 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2AE5
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled (it is actually enabled, do not know why it says disabled)

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you checked to make sure that a power option has not been changed? I'm thinking in particular that maybe it now goes into hibernation after a shorter idle period or when the battery (if a laptop) reaches a certain level.

Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled (it is actually enabled, do not know why it says disabled)
Because Microsoft changed the way in Windows 8/8.1/10 that Windows Defender announces its status, and the TSG Sysinfo utility has not been accordingly modified.

#3 ·
While working on some photo editing my pc had the BSOD with SYTEM_SERVICE_EXEPTION (debutfilterx64.sys). I uninstalled NCH software and this file was still there causing me problems. I fixed that issue. I then had DRIVER_POWER_SATE_FAILURE, and proceeded with what you suggested; so far my pc has restarted faster and no more BSOD. The only problem now is after restarting my computer my audio has stopped working. Do I start a different thread for that or continue on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.