Solved: PC suddenly shuts down, can't open again after

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Haunt

Hey guys. Got a new problem again here after my other pc, well me and my brother was playing some games (Dota 2 to be exact) then suddenly, my PC shuts down. After that, we tried turning it on again and it doesn't open anymore. I thought it's an overheat, because the casing was pretty hot, so I opened it and I let it cool for 1 hour, tried to turn it on, but still it didn't turn on. We didn't hear any exploding sounding, we didn't smell any burnt plastic. What could be possibly the problem of my pc? Can it be because of power supply? Or what?

PC specs:

Intel Core i3 (1st gen or 1st release, something like that)
AsRock H55M-LE Motherboard
Palit GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128bit
2pcs Geil 2GB DDR3 RAM
2pcs 320GB Western Digital Caviar Blue Hard Disk
Power Logic ATX-550-W Power Supply

Need help asap, please. So that we can buy whatever it is broken before christmas, and it's ruining our holiday :(

dai

probably power logic are cheap junk

leave it for a few hours and see if you can get into the bios and look for the 12v reading and the cpu temp

psu brands recommende

corsair hx tx ax models only
seasonic
xfx

Haunt

Found out what the problem was, yes power logic is cheap (it came with the casing) and i'd consider replacing it. Problem was the power cord (the one from the avr to the psu), bought new one then it worked.

dai

glad you have it sorted

always buy psu separate from the case,the ones that come included in the case are low quality

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online