1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: PC suddenly shuts down, can't open again after

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Haunt, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Haunt

Haunt Thread Starter

Hey guys. Got a new problem again here after my other pc, well me and my brother was playing some games (Dota 2 to be exact) then suddenly, my PC shuts down. After that, we tried turning it on again and it doesn't open anymore. I thought it's an overheat, because the casing was pretty hot, so I opened it and I let it cool for 1 hour, tried to turn it on, but still it didn't turn on. We didn't hear any exploding sounding, we didn't smell any burnt plastic. What could be possibly the problem of my pc? Can it be because of power supply? Or what?

PC specs:

Intel Core i3 (1st gen or 1st release, something like that)
    AsRock H55M-LE Motherboard
    Palit GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128bit
    2pcs Geil 2GB DDR3 RAM
    2pcs 320GB Western Digital Caviar Blue Hard Disk
    Power Logic ATX-550-W Power Supply

Need help asap, please. So that we can buy whatever it is broken before christmas, and it's ruining our holiday :(

2. dai

dai

probably power logic are cheap junk

leave it for a few hours and see if you can get into the bios and look for the 12v reading and the cpu temp

psu brands recommende

corsair hx tx ax models only
    seasonic
    xfx

3. Haunt

Haunt Thread Starter

Found out what the problem was, yes power logic is cheap (it came with the casing) and i'd consider replacing it. Problem was the power cord (the one from the avr to the psu), bought new one then it worked.

4. dai

dai

glad you have it sorted

always buy psu separate from the case,the ones that come included in the case are low quality

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082075