Solved: PCAnywhere 11 Remote Management - Domain??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sy2

Hey all,

I just set up PCAnywhere 11 and it's working great for me as far as accessing my PC from the internet using my laptop. For some reason, though, I can't seem to figure out the Remote Management options.

Whenever I try to log in to remote management it asks me for a User Name, Password, and Domain, but I can't find anywhere to set these up on the host computer. I've tried using the log-in name and PW I set up for myself but then I don't know what to put in for the domain. Anyone have any suggestions?

Both machines are Windows XP.

EDIT: Just screwing around with it now and noticed something else noteworthy. When I connect to Remote Management a password box comes up that I put my normal login info into. This box just wants a Login/PW. After I put those in a different box comes up asking for Login/PW/Domain, so it's obviously two different accounts - I just don't know the info for the second one.

The second login prompt that requests for user id/pw/domain is for a user id/pw that can be used to login locally to the machine. If this is a stand-alone or a workgroup machine (does not belong to an NT domain), then the user id is a local user id on that machine. It can be managed from Control Panel -> Users

sy2

Well thanks, JammerBoy, although I haven't used the program in over 6 months ;)

How did you manage to dig this post up, anyhow? January '06 :D

Thanks for the effort though (y)

Your welcome sy2.

I was googling for an answer to a similar problem with PC Anywhere. This time, it asks for a Domain Name specifically during the PCanywhere login prompt (the first prompt). I read your post on thought that since I knew the answer, I'd post.

I'm currently using PCanywhere 11.5 and normally if the HOST PROPERTIES --> CALLERS tab AUTHENTICATION TYPE setting is set to pcAnywhere, then it should not ask for a Domain name (versus an authentication type setting of either WINDOWS or ADS - active directory service).

This problem only occurs when I try to connect with one specific machine. I have no problems connecting to other machines so I'm still searching for a solution...

oh well, for some reason I got it to work. Just had to re-edit the HOST PROPERTIES and re-save them. then restart the PC-anywhere host. When I tried to connect again, it did not ask for the domain name anymore...

sy2

JammerBoy said:
oh well, for some reason I got it to work. Just had to re-edit the HOST PROPERTIES and re-save them. then restart the PC-anywhere host. When I tried to connect again, it did not ask for the domain name anymore...
Well thanks (y)

Very considerate of you to post the reply, even if the original post is 1+ years old :D

At the very least, maybe someone else with a similar problem will come along and this will save them some time (y) (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!