Solved: PCI Express slot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MPeg3

This may be moot point when I open my computer up, but I'm installing a new graphics card and am trying to get all my ducks in a row before I start. How will I be able to tell which PCI slot is the PCI Express slot or are they all the same?:confused:

Thanks
Peg

No they are not all the same. The PCI express 16 slot is usually the top slot. It is usually the one with the old video card in it. If it does not have a card in it. It is the one at the top with a little latch at the back of it.

MPeg3

Thank you. I found it and now have the card installed and running.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online