Solved: PDF Creator opens in Internet Explorer - How do I change to Adobe Reader?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

radlee

PDF Creator opens in Internet Explorer - How do I change to Adobe Reader?

radlee

I can OPEN WITH in Windows explorer (I already linked pdf files to Acrobat in Windows explorer), but there isn't an option in Internet Explorer when I right click on the pdf file. I get "Open", and then down the list is "Open with PDF Creator 3.0".

Thanks!

Go to START > SETTINGS > Control Panel and Click Folder Options. Select the File types tab. You will find a list of many filetypes (also called 'extensions'). Scroll down to the one in question (PDF). Select it, and under the window it should say what program is "associated" with that filetype. That is the program that should always try to open the filetype selected. If that won't operate, it may be damaged. and need reinstallation. or you may have loaded and deleted some imaging program that associated itself with images of that filetype. (It may be blank if no program has been associated with it.)

There is a "Change" button there. If you click that button, you will get a list of possible programs for opening that filetype. If you can't find the one you want in the list provided, click 'other'. You can then browse your system to find the program that you want. You can use this to set any available program to open all files of that type.

radlee

I already changed the file types. It works with Windows Explorer (opens Adobe) but not with Internet Explorer (opens pdf creator).

Sounds like something is scrambled in Internet Explorer. Try repairing it. START>SETTINGS>Add/Remove Programs. Scroll down to "Microsoft Internet Explorer (etc)". Select it, and click the Add/Remove button. A new pop-up will allow you to select Repair Internet Explorer. Click OK.

If that does not fix it, Go back and find the 'Advanced" button on the Repair IE screen. It may allow you to delete one of the recent updates that may be causing your problem.

Finally, you could try "Restore the Previous Window Configuration".

As a last resort, you might need to reinstall IE.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online