Solved: PDF document resizing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sgl1

I have a binder of about 30 text PDF documents. They are all different sizes. I'd like to make them all letter size documents of the same size. Is there an easy way to do this?
I was able to reduce the overall file size down from 15MB to 3MB which is good but they are still of unequal size. I'd like them to look decent when printed.

Thank you.

If your using the full adobe acrobat, you can run a 'batch process' on a 'folder of pdfs' and apply the same settings to all. Haven't done this in a while, the setup may take as long as custom sizing each one. By binder do you mean 'folder'? You can also pull the 30 files into one pdf and do bookmarks and such with the 'batch processing'.

sgl1

I refer to it as binder because when you save it it's automatically labled "binder." Just a file with 30+ individual pages. I'll try this thanks.

If you're working with the full version of Acrobat, which it sounds like you are, you can simply combine all of the pages into one PDF, then print them using the Adobe PDF printer. Set the printer to print to Letter size paper, then tell Acrobat to shrink to paper size or fit to printer margins (depending on the version you're using).

If you need more indepth instructions let me know.

sgl1

Heres the deal. I send out this 30 page file to prospective clients. When scrolling the pages are different sizes and it looks crappy. I need someone here to tell me step by step how to make them all the same size so that doesn't happen. I've tried Googling this but can't find anything and the Acrobat help is so convoluted neither does that.

Thanks.

Which version of Acrobat are you using and I'll provide step by step instructions on how to print it to PDF making all pages the same size.

File->Print

Printer
Name: Adobe PDF

Paper Handling
Page Scaling: Reduce to Printer Margins
Check Auto-Rotate and Center

This should reduce every page to 8.5x11 (Letter) without cutting any information off.

sgl1

File->Print

Printer
Name: Adobe PDF

Paper Handling
Page Scaling: Reduce to Printer Margins
Check Auto-Rotate and Center

This should reduce every page to 8.5x11 (Letter) without cutting any information off.
Far out! Thanks so much problem solved. That was too simple I'm gonna hide under a rock now.

Before you go hide be sure to click the Solved button at the top of the thread.

Glad I could be of service.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online