1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: PDF document resizing

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by sgl1, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sgl1

sgl1 Thread Starter

I have a binder of about 30 text PDF documents. They are all different sizes. I'd like to make them all letter size documents of the same size. Is there an easy way to do this?
    I was able to reduce the overall file size down from 15MB to 3MB which is good but they are still of unequal size. I'd like them to look decent when printed.

Thank you.

2. draceplace

draceplace

If your using the full adobe acrobat, you can run a 'batch process' on a 'folder of pdfs' and apply the same settings to all. Haven't done this in a while, the setup may take as long as custom sizing each one. By binder do you mean 'folder'? You can also pull the 30 files into one pdf and do bookmarks and such with the 'batch processing'.

3. sgl1

sgl1 Thread Starter

I refer to it as binder because when you save it it's automatically labled "binder." Just a file with 30+ individual pages. I'll try this thanks.

4. jonvan

jonvan

If you're working with the full version of Acrobat, which it sounds like you are, you can simply combine all of the pages into one PDF, then print them using the Adobe PDF printer. Set the printer to print to Letter size paper, then tell Acrobat to shrink to paper size or fit to printer margins (depending on the version you're using).

If you need more indepth instructions let me know.

5. sgl1

sgl1 Thread Starter

Heres the deal. I send out this 30 page file to prospective clients. When scrolling the pages are different sizes and it looks crappy. I need someone here to tell me step by step how to make them all the same size so that doesn't happen. I've tried Googling this but can't find anything and the Acrobat help is so convoluted neither does that.

Thanks.

6. jonvan

jonvan

Which version of Acrobat are you using and I'll provide step by step instructions on how to print it to PDF making all pages the same size.

7. sgl1

sgl1 Thread Starter

Awesome, Acrobat 7.0. Thanks!

8. jonvan

jonvan

File->Print

Printer
    Name: Adobe PDF

Paper Handling
    Page Scaling: Reduce to Printer Margins
    Check Auto-Rotate and Center

This should reduce every page to 8.5x11 (Letter) without cutting any information off.

9. sgl1

sgl1 Thread Starter

Far out! Thanks so much problem solved. That was too simple I'm gonna hide under a rock now.

10. jonvan

jonvan

Before you go hide be sure to click the Solved button at the top of the thread.

Glad I could be of service.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757995

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice