Solved: Peak ATI Radeon Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

beaney05

I have a custom built computer. Below are specs

AMD Duron XP 3200+ (Athlon XP 2.2GHz)
ASRock K7s41 Motherboard
512mb Ram
DVD Dual Layer ReWriter
80 GB Hard Drive
Running Windows XP Home SP2
Norton AntiVirus

I later added a CD-RW and a PEAK ATI Radeon 9800SE 128MB Graphic Card.

The card worked fine on the first day. Later on i notice that the monitor would switch of and i would have no control of the computer. This happened to me many times as i was playing DOOM3. A couple of the times it brought up a message saying something like this:

Your graphics accelerator settings have been reset as they were no longer responding to you commands.

I have had no luck on the peak website.

I just want it fixed because it is really annoying.

beaney05

Actually message reads:

VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was not resoponding to graphics driver commands.

Please not that the game has frozen, i can hardly do anything. The last 5 seconds of noise is repeated. Also the desktop is ver place and very very very slow to respond.

When i managed to get into the Windows Task Manager it shows
Programm: DOOM3
CPU Usage: 100%
Commit Charge: 675M/1154M

The only way to fix is to shut down.
This causes damage to my computer.

Hi,

I don't understand why the 56K dialup has anything to do with downloading Omega drivers. I have the same setup and they work great for me and much better than the ATI drivers that came with the card. Just my two cents worth.

beaney05

it take two long.

it takes 10minustes to download a 1mb file.
and the omega drivers is 15.1mb.
you do the math.

m8 .. would you rather have the drivers that came with the Grdaphics card or the latest drivers .. i would suggest that you go and download the latest drivers for your ATI card ... get them here www.ati.com and the version # is 5.5 install them but first see my sig to get the ati uninstaller for the old drivers first .

This is wierd, but it may help. I have a radeon too, and I'm using the 4.8 drivers. I get the same problems running UT2004 and CMR04, but only if I try and use custom settings on the graphics. If you leave it to the computer, usually at the recommended settings (high or medium instead of custom,) the system runs fine with no problems at all. See if this helps.

beaney05

could the problem be to do with overheating as i was reading other forums and the said that it could the the problem

It could be that disabling VPU recover would have worked. That was one of the first things I always did when I was running a Radeon. A trick I learned from hangin around tweaker forums.

Sometimes VPU recover will actually cause crashes and when it is the cause it evidently can't fix itself.

beaney05

I have the lastest ATI drivers. I also disabled VPU Recovery and i instated an extra two 120mm fans which has seemed to cure it.

I doubt it's the heat. I have a less powerful video card, and I can run the same game wihout problems. Like I said, look into the settings.

beaney05

beanmaster1 said:
I doubt it's the heat. I have a less powerful video card, and I can run the same game wihout problems. Like I said, look into the settings.
I have not changed or did anything with the settings and it works. AND THERE IS NO POINT IN FIXING SOMETHING WHICH IS NOT BROKEN.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online