1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: pesky pop-up

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by rosmari, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rosmari

rosmari Thread Starter

"Enumerating Hardware - Support-Assist" lodged itself onto my Quick Bar and pops up whenever I turn on the computer. How can I get rid of it?

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

right click it in the quick bar and remove it, also check the startup folder to see what runs from there and remove it if you find it. It could also be some generic malware and it that case you should move this thread to the proper forum

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Go here, then click the large blue "Download Now @ Bleeping Computer" button to download and save AdwCleaner.exe to your desktop.

Close all open windows first, then double-click AdwCleaner.exe to load its main window.

Click the "Scan" button, then allow the scanning process to finish.

Click the "Logfile" button.

When the log appears, save it.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE log here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

4. rosmari

rosmari Thread Starter

thank you cleaverX. The problem was Dell's and they fixed it by logging onto my PC.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144307

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice