1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Philips CD-R External need help??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Locobeer, Nov 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Locobeer

Locobeer Thread Starter

Well used my restore cd to redo my window98, I hit #1 instead of #2 so I had to redo everything. Now my problem is my burner gives me this message "No supported CD-R/CD-RW drive. And also this message "There are currently no supported CD Recorders available. Please ensure that CD Recorder is powered and that all cables are properly connected". I can play audio cd's and install some software for games, but when it comes to burning a cd it will not work. I have a Emachine Eone 433 64.0MB RAM Pentium 2; win98. PHILIPS 4X4X6 External CD-RW Drive, Model #PCRW464K37. It worked fine before I screwed it up.

Please someone help me I am going crazy.

Locobeer
    a.k.a. Leo:confused:

2. 4 Computer Fix

4 Computer Fix

Quick question for you:

Did you have the cdrw hooked up through USB whn you reformatted the hard drive? If so th is is more than likely the problem as the Recovery Cd's are written especially for what came on the computer at the time it was manufactured. Unplug the cdrw and reformat the hard drive again using the recovery cd's. Also unplug any printers, scanners, digital cameras or any other peripherial device that did not come withj the computer. In other words - only have the keyboard, mouse and monotir hooked up when trying to do this. Hope this helps. :)

3. Locobeer

Locobeer Thread Starter

Well it was the Easy Creater CD; somehow it was defective so I talk to Techs from Philips. Thank God they sent me another CD and now it works fine.

Thanks to everyone for there help.

Sincerely, Leo :D :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59159

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice