1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Philips CRT TV Problem

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by Darkicon, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkicon

Darkicon Thread Starter

I have a Philips CRT TV in my family room, I do not know the model of it. For a couple months now occasionally (A couple times per day for like an hour or two) a strange dark transparent bar goes horizontally across the screen and when it gets past the edge the screen flashes lighter for a second. The bar looks like this:

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/9308/barwl5.jpg

That bar keeps horizontally going across the screen. I bought the TV sometime between 1999-2001, and I'm pretty sure the warentee is up.

If I can find my camera I will take a picture of it.

2. Darkicon

Darkicon Thread Starter

Nevermind I found out what was causing it.

After trying a new S-Video wire it still did it, did some other tinkering and replacing but none of it worked. Then I accidentally unplugged my DVD players component wires and it stopped. I guess the wires are leaking some electrical interference.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Sounds like a ground loop problem between devices.

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the top of the page in the upper right corner.© :)

[​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697669

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice