1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Photo memory card compatability

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Robert1234, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Robert1234

Robert1234 Thread Starter

I bought a new Sony camera model DSC-W370 It did not have a very large photo memory so I went
    and bought the recommended memory stick for it MS-MT4g Mark2 That is not the problem that stick will not fit my imac as
    it is physically smaller then the port on my mac . is there an adapter made for it or ?? What would your suggestion be on this matter? I am at a loss
    Thank You

2. wowzer

wowzer

3. Robert1234

My mac accepts a 1 1/4 X 7/8 card perfectly it reads that one instantly. but the Sony
    Ms-Mt4g mark 2 which is the recommended for my camera is
    only 1" X3/4 it does not pop on in my dock either ...Wierd is their an adapter for it to fit the mac ??
    I love my Mac and the way it handles so easily the photos . I could if all else fails I could use a wire to a USB port
    and download that way but plugging the card directly into the computer is so much better I used to download my old cam photos that way..
    Thanks for your reply Wowzer and also awesome site you recommend .
    Again Thank You for your very informed response Wowzer..11

4. wowzer

wowzer

Have you thought about a usb card reader. I have one that reads just about every card made.

5. Robert1234

Wow..!! Thanks Wowzer.. *smiles* been looking them up . Yes that is the perfect solution to my problem .. If you dont mind would you give me a recommendation of which make and model ?
    Reading your answer makes me think of the questionaire that i filled out when I joined here. lol
    I should have stated very basic beginner.. lol
    I never even knew that the reader existed .
    Thanks Wowzer..

6. wowzer

wowzer

Happy to help...

I have 2 Lexars' and am very happy with them. 1 stays at home and the other goes with me along with my camera and all the related crap/stuff. :)

7. Robert1234

Thank You Wowser....
    A a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours Also .
    Thank You ..

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031716

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice